So, I have one little, tiny request to make from all ya’ll.
In contrast to most of our generation, Deke and I are not…(take a deep breath please)…cell phone people. In fact, I just went 5 days with a dead cell phone just because I kept forgetting to recharge it. To me, it’s not really a necessity. I know this can cause lots of frustration from family and friends who try and get a hold of us. If you leave a message I will more than likely get back to you. I promise. If you really, really need to get a hold of me you are always more than welcome to drop me a line via email. This is probably the quickest way to get in touch with me between the hours of 7:00 and 3:00, and I most often check it once during the evening as well.
I know. I can’t help it – I’m just not a phone person. But, here’s where my request comes in…..
Please, please, please don’t text us. Our cell plan doesn’t include texting, and so we get charged for every text you lovingly send us or we send you (oh wait…maybe this is why we never reply to your texts.. ;) ) We know it’s quick. It’s easy. It’s a tad irresistible. But please, for the sake of the budget nazi (yours truly), resist. Just pick up the phone and give us a call. In contrast to our nonexistent text plan, we have unlimited minutes so we can talk to our hearts content.
Peace out.
6 comments:
Jennifer Grace!!!! I have been looking for you blog (truly, I knew you were out there...somewhere. It was just a hunch). Hooray! You found me! I hope all is well in life (and think it's hilarious and endearing that you're not cell phone people). So glad we can keep in touch this way. Happy August.
Jen,
I am guilty!!! I always forget, but will try to not text you. I actually like our im conversations:)
love ya
Well since I can't text you guys!! Guess what Jen we finally got a blog! We need to try again for a movie night! Sorry that night was when casey and nicole told us they were pregnant! So anyway love ya!
time for a new post!
jen,
we need to get together!
I'm with you Jen! I laughed as Mom just told me that she can't believe how dependent we are (meaning herself and Katie) on cell phones. I laughed as I thought how I am more like you and let me mine stay uncharged for many days. It's so funny as if you are not used to having one, you don't really get in the habit. Greg and I use about 100 minutes a month. But no worries, we don't have texting service either. I love the post, I love the tact! WAy to go.
Post a Comment