Pages

12.23.2008

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree... (2nd Edition)

The beautiful, finished project (a tad blurred). I love fresh trees.



So, the blog posting has been a bit sparse lately.. actually more like non existent due to all of the wonderful Christmas hustle and bustle. A few things we've been up to:

  • L Family Christmas Party
  • H Family Christmas Party
  • D's Work Party
  • Some other parties I'm forgetting about
  • Sibling choir concerts
  • Hunting for some killer shopping deals
  • Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert (did anyone else love the animal song?)
  • Watching First Presidency's Fireside
  • Christmas dates
  • Baking cookies, cinnamon rolls, breads, etc...
  • Dancing lessons with Andi & Aaron for the wedding (Deke has one mean foxtrot)
  • Wrapping
  • Decorating
  • Spending time with family
  • Loving every snowy second of every snowy storm

A little bit typical, but everything a Christmas season should be. We're looking forward to all of the events in the next week and a half too. And WOW! I can't believe Christmas Eve is TOMORROW!!? Holy smokes! Where did the time go? And why do I manage to procrastinate til the very end to do things? Between tonight when I get home from work and tomorrow morning I have to do the following:

  • Finish up some shopping at atleast 2 different stores. Yikes.
  • Wrap about 90% of my gifts which have all been stashed at my mom's (thanks mom :) )
  • Go to dancing lessons
  • Run some things around tonight to a bunch of people
  • Tidy up my house so I don't have a clutter break down on Christmas
  • Make cinnamon rolls so we can start a tradition for Christmas breakfast
  • Shower

All of these things are actually enjoyable activities, but somehow I manage to stress myself out when I have to get all of them done in a small amount of time. I'm going to try really hard to not stress, which, I don't think will be that difficult because it is Christmas after all right? And the magic of Christmas should not be wasted on stress. So, here's to a holiday full of cheer, family, memories, love, and gratitude and reflection about the real reason we celebrate this special day.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

The tree looks beautiful! Fresh trees are always better!

Sarah Flint said...

Showering is enjoyable, I agree. :)

Katie and Greg said...

Next year I am really hoping to follow you and get a live tree! I love all the lights - I need to stop by before you take it down so I can see the decorations!

Hale-O There said...

It all looks like a grand time! Hey I forgot about MOnday- how about this monday?

love you
you look great in the goggles