Pages

10.15.2010

memory lane

i've held a number of jobs in my day. and that's saying something since i'm only in my mid twenties. my top 3 favorite jobs have been
  1. marketing & promotions assistant, bonneville radio group, salt lake city
  2. selling pearl jewelry, polynesian cultural center, laie hawaii
  3. receptionist, office of high school & college relations, byu
 why is it that the best jobs never pay that great? let me know when you figure that out.

anyway, my ex-boss from bonneville tagged me in a picture today on facebook, and it brought back all sorts of good memories.

(Boss Ike, Mwah, SIL Andi, Coworker's Friend, Coworker Jade)

this was taken at the now infamous rocky v hannity debate when ksl's 'nightside' programming was new. i was lucky enough to be working the event. event ticket for free? check. event ticket for a friend? check. get paid to hand out cool stuff and watch event? check.

and i did this on a daily basis.

it was a tough life.

seeing this picture made me all sentimental and such. sniff sniff. those were the days.

not that i have it that bad now - stay at home madre way up in the boondocks. i'd take that any day, but still. seeing that picture evoked a lot of great memories and made me reflect on experiences i've had in my short twenty and some odd years. unique, different, crazy experiences.

i've had a lucky life. met some great people, gone some amazing places, and have the best family and friends in the world.

lucky indeed.


(pssst.... hop on over here to see today newest post at jeninthewilderness.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

Andi said...

Hey...I remember that! What a "debate"! :) I guess I could say I miss your old jobs, too! :)

Love the new blog by the way. (Have I mentioned that before?? I forget.)

You get your home-ecky-ness from your mom, don't you? (badum bum ching!)

Katie and Greg said...

You have had some rockin' jobs. I would venture to say that you loved School Relations so much because of me, but it was probably because of the joy you got out when helping Kirk out with superbly random tasks.