This is what it looked like before: (sorry the images are a tad dark)
And, after 3 paint cans, a few mistakes, 1 1/2 mental breakdowns, lots of laughs, a choice word here and there, too many hours, a cut here and there, and some serious fun, this is what the end result is...
How do you like the blue? This was completely Deke's idea. I was hesitant at first - I wanted to go with a lighter green, but I am sooo glad we went with his idea. I need to listen to him more often. We wanted to add some color, and I love the result!!
I really like the doors we put in too. We used to have these really old 70's style board doors with gold knobs. I think these are just a tad better..
My very, very favorite part of the whole remodel are our floors. We chose a wide plank (5") maple wood. I love the grain of these babies!
We ended up doing new flooring, crown, chair and floor molding, 3" planking on the walls, new door casings and molding, new doors, hardware, and of course new paint. It took a little (a lot) longer than we expected it too, but the end product is totally worth it. Kudos to Deke - let's be honest... The only thing I could really help out with is paint and little calking here and there. He definitely had the brunt of all the work to do and he did a fantastic job! And, I really don't think he minded putting all his shiny tools to good use.
I'll leave you all with my best foot forward..
Ok...that was corny, but come on.. you love it. I can't tell you how many times I stepped on that stupid paint can lid. Arrrgg...
5 comments:
You crack me up Jenny! The project looks absolutely amazing! Way to go! :)
looks good!
Jen, I absolutely love your end note! Your humor is just my style. I particularly love the room and am very impressed with the end result. I can't wait to see it in person! That wood is beautiful - such a pretty color. I just love it and I can't wait to see what other projects y'all end up taking on!
Yes yes, I love it! It looks beautiful! Could yall come on down here and put your best foot forward? And I love the blue, good choice Deke!
Jen - you little homemaker you!! (and Deke!) It looks amazing! I really do like the blue, especially with the wood floor. Great Job you two! I'm excited to come down and see it. Isn't it fun having your own place to create in!
Post a Comment