Pages

4.03.2009

Apparently the flu and morning sickness feel a lot the same


But I realized I had the flu when I barfed all over the parking garage at work on Tuesday. Classy.

Your welcome fellow parking garage patrons.

I had been feeling kind of nauseous and tired all day, but I thought it was just a random return of morning sickness. (Besides the fact I've been feeling FANTASTIC the past couple weeks.) Later in afternoon the nausea got worse and worse. I was involved in a web/conference call from 4-5 in the afternoon and I seriously didn't know if I was going to hold it together. Every second past 5:00 felt like F O R E V E R. It finally ended at 5:06. Several times I leaned over to my boss and said, "Umm... don't be surprised if I throw up any second ok?" I think she thought I was kidding.

The nano-second the call ended, I made a B-line to my car. Except that I didn't quite make it to my car. Lovely. I'm a dry heaver when it comes to pregnancy, not a barfer, so this was kind of my first clue that the flu was the culprit.

Anyways, I spent the next day and half barfing and living on water, Gatorade, saltines and popsicles. Sounds a lot like the first 3 months of my pregnancy! If anything it has been a great reminder of how awesome it is to have have somewhat normally functioning body again! Wahoo!

Before I jet, I have 2 other random thoughts:

1)Belly Bands (I got the generic ones from Motherhood Maternity) are pretty much the greatest things EVER. Definitely more comfortable than the rubber band trick. And double plus - they cover your unzipped zipper. What a novel idea!

2)Why is it the pregnant woman is always the one to die on all the medical dramas on TV? Did anyone else see that on ER last night? I swear it happens every time I happen to watch one of these shows. Gives me all sorts of great thoughts about delivering.

Have a fantastic Friday!!

5 comments:

Hills said...

OH NO!! That does not sound like fun at all especially since getting over morning sickness is so exciting! It's good to hear you are feeling better and I can't wait to hear what you are having this week!

mama nels said...

I am so sorry you got sick Jen!! And don't think too much about the ER show - you are going to do great!! Hey just think - you might even go natural (with no medication!) like I did with you! Just kidding! - I am sure everything will go well with all of the modern comforts and technology we have. And besides, you have such a great doctor!!

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

That sounds miserable! Hope you are feeling better!

Hills said...

Two time Ty trouble! :) My friend told me about an awesome deal! I don't know how interested you may be in it but its nearly free and what's not to love about free right? You know of the nursing covers? They are usually over $30 but if you go to uddercovers.com and click on the essence covers it will ask you to put in a code, type "onefree" and you will get a free nursing cover and just pay shipping which is 8 bucks!! What a steal! They only have pink and blue left but after thursday you will know which one you will need! Woo hoo! :)

Katie and Greg said...

I had no idea that you were sick! How awful. I feel bad for the parking lot and I feel bad for you. I'm glad that you are feeling better though!