For Christmas, Deek gave me a simple little calendar. Within the pages of that calendar lay the greatest gift I received this year - a year full of dates! In each month he had designated a specific night that was to be spent on a special date with him. He would be the one completely in charge of all the planning. Some would include Reese and some would not. Each one is a surprise - I don't know what we're doing until the day of. Isn't that the greatest gift? A gift of memories, in essence.
Last month, he took me ice skating to the Gallivan Center for our night out. It was wonderful and romantic and just plain fun.
I married a pretty great guy. Yup. Sure did.
I luff him.
Did you notice that couple kissing in the background? It makes me feel like I'm sneaking in on someone's private little lovely moment. They intrigue me, that mystery couple. What's their story? Was it a first kiss? Are they old love birds? Was it a dare? Was it an awful, awkward, one of them was going in for a hug, type of kiss? Ahhh...I'm afraid I'll never know. But I still think it's a beautiful tiny little moment that they'll never know was caught on film. Sigh.
Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, here's a video of my killer skatin' skills. Please ignore the first 15 seconds. I'm too lazy to go edit it right now. And, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make this video appear larger to get it to match the size of pictures in my posts.
Please note the amazing one legged technique, and the faster than fast spin at the end. I'm really not sure why I'm not on my way to Vancouver right now.
Last month, he took me ice skating to the Gallivan Center for our night out. It was wonderful and romantic and just plain fun.
I married a pretty great guy. Yup. Sure did.
I luff him.
Did you notice that couple kissing in the background? It makes me feel like I'm sneaking in on someone's private little lovely moment. They intrigue me, that mystery couple. What's their story? Was it a first kiss? Are they old love birds? Was it a dare? Was it an awful, awkward, one of them was going in for a hug, type of kiss? Ahhh...I'm afraid I'll never know. But I still think it's a beautiful tiny little moment that they'll never know was caught on film. Sigh.
Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, here's a video of my killer skatin' skills. Please ignore the first 15 seconds. I'm too lazy to go edit it right now. And, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make this video appear larger to get it to match the size of pictures in my posts.
Please note the amazing one legged technique, and the faster than fast spin at the end. I'm really not sure why I'm not on my way to Vancouver right now.
Here's hoping for 2014 in Sochi, Krasnodar Krai, Russia.
Dosvidanya!

4 comments:
How fun! I haven't been ice skating in forever. I still LOVE your jeans by the way. I want them :)
the video didn't work, but I'm dying to see the our future olympian;) What a great gift Deak thought up, how fun!
hey! i came across your blog and i noticed you went on a russia/europe trip. my husband served in russia and i lived in germany for a year so we want to go back. did you do one big trip? i would love to hear how you did it. if you get a chance, will you email me? melking1@gmail.com! thanks, melissa king sunday
Im. Press. Ive.
Post a Comment