Did you know that every year a group of professional trend and style gurus get together and choose a "Color of the Year"? This color affects everthing from fashion to home design. Don't ask me who these "professionals" may claim to be, but apparently, they know a whole lot about somethin'. In 2009, the chosen color was Mimosa.
Isn't that like crazy bright? According to Pantone, the reason they chose this color was because "In a time of economic uncertainty and political change, optimism is paramount and no other color expresses hope and reassurance more than yellow." Huh. Interesting.
Anyway I am very, very excited about the 2010 color of year. It is... (queue drumroll please..)
Turquoise!!! One of my absolute favorite colors!! I'm hoping that this means I'll be able to find some killer steals in this color this year to accentuate my home and wardrobe (if at least in my dreams, we'll see how this year's budget works out). Isn't this color refreshing? I love it. They chose this color because, "Combining the serene qualities of blue and the invigorating aspects of green, Turquoise evokes thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a languorous, effective escape from the everyday troubles of the world, while at the same time restoring our sense of wellbeing."
Mmmm.... that sounds nice..."soothing, tropical waters...". Yeah. I'll talke that.
Bring on the Turquoise!!


2 comments:
I'm SO excited about this... :) LOVE turquoise.
I'm not kidding I was thinking about how you told us the color last year when we were shopping together this time of year. I was thinking of asking you again. I'm glad you shared! This one sounds like a color anyone can look good in. Sweet!
Post a Comment