Pages

9.01.2010

bad day: updated

deek's been gone since last night painting our new awesome double wide. which leaves me to take care of a 1 year old, house train and care for a very energetic new puppy, start packing up the house, show our home to possible renters, keep our house clean for possible renters, sell/buy a bunch of stuff off of ksl classifieds, and still work from home for my job. awesome.

reese woke up with an awful cold.

i can't find my vpn token which allows me to work from home. hoping i left it in the car that deek took with him. too bad it's 2 hours away and he doesn't receive cell service there. i have to turn it in tomorrow since it's my last day (wahoo!), and of course, if i can't find it, i have to pay $150 to replace it. heavy sigh...

reese threw deek's super nice SLR camera off the desk onto the wood floor. it shattered his nicest lens. dang it.

reese and I were playing chop, chop timber on my bed (which is now off of it's frame, thank goodness) and she accidentally did a back flip off of it. she screamed and screamed and screamed. double dang it.

too bad it's only 10:00am.

update: turns out, the worst of the day happened all before 10:00am. whew! sure, i didn't get much done between shortened naps, crying babies, doggy potty outings, and work, but hey! no one died and nothing else was broken. in my book, that's called a success.

i hope it didn't sound like i was complaining. yes, it was a bad morning, but i'd rather live this day 20 zillion times over than have my husband unemployed. compared to life 1 month ago, today was a walk in the park. after all, all this chaos only means 1 thing: we're moving forward! and i have a beautiful baby girl! and a zesty snuggly dog! and a healthy, working husband! yup. there's still much to be happy about.

4 comments:

LMemory said...

Thanks for letting me feel awesome for just a second about still being single. :)

PS I can't remember if I left a comment or not, but your work story was AMAZING!!!! I am THRILLED for you and your opportunity! Heavenly Father sure does love to surprise his kids!

Here's hoping for a much better pm than your am has been.

Linds

Tyler + Jess said...

Let me help you! Seriously, come by today and I can help you with whatever you need!

Andi said...

Opposition in ALL things, right? Gotta hate it. I'm sorry to hear that it's not been the day of days for you. Wish I could help you out... I'll say a little prayer for youuuuuuuuu. :)

mama nels said...

Remember - You have a mother - especially for days like this when Reese's mother could use a mother!! I love you and would love to help - YOUR Mom

P.S. I loved your perspective on the update!