(picture from the movie 'a streetcar named desire')
hello fellow peeps of bloggerland. i'm in need of your assistance.
you see, it's been exactly one month since i started my new blog jeninthewilderness.blogspot.com. i love my new blog. i've been posting at least every other day. i think it's because it's a new, clean slate - ripe for new memories, new places, and new experiences.
in the mean time, i've still been posting every once in a while to this blog. mostly things that have nothing to do with our new environment, and everything to do with the little reese-a-roni. but, i'm kind of getting tired of keeping up two blogs, and think condensing back down to one blog is the thing to do.
but here's my problem: this blog always gets way more traffic when a new post is published. like twice as much as whenever my new blog has a post. i'm guessing it's because this blog (dekeandjen) is linked a lot more places. knowing this, it would make sense to drop the new blog, but i just can't. call it blogger snubbery if you will.
you see, everyone and their dog has a blog named janeandjohn.blogspot.com. and of course, that's what i did when i first started this blog. and really, while this blog may be called deke and jen, it's really completely, only me who ever writes on it. i think it's safe to say deek will never ever write a post here. and so, my blog is about me, my thoughts, and my perspective on things.
in other words, i want to drop the dekeandjen moniker.
i would start posting everything - wilderness posts, reese posts, mom posts, etc... exclusively on the new blog, jeninthewilderness.blogspot.com. I've been wanting to drop the dekeandjen name for a while now, and now would seem like a great time to do it. the only problem being, the new blogs traffic is much lower than this one despite the more frequent posts.
i know, i know. if this is my "journal" why do i care how many people view my blog? well gosh darn it. this isn't my journal, and i do care. let's be honest here - is there anyone out there who sincerely doesn't get excited when the daily visits top 100? i think not. and the bigger reason is, i need people interaction out here in the woop woop. the more people who stop by, the bigger chance someone will actually say something.
(side note: did you know the only people i've seen or talked to in the last 2 weeks have been deek, reese, my dog, and a handful of people at church? and my mom every couple days on the phone. i crave interaction people.)
and so, my major dilemma. do i a) keep both blogs going. b) drop the new blog and stick with the more popular one. or c) do what i really want and drop the more popular blog to completely move over to my wilderness blog.
please gag now over the triviality of my crisis.
and then take the poll to let me know what you think.
peace
out.

6 comments:
No wonder you couldn't talk when I called this afternoon - you were writing this post!!! I voted for what it's worth! Personally, I love deke and jen for your family life and jen in the wilderness for your personal adventures, joys and challenges in the great outdoors!! - BUT - I know it is alot of work, so do what your heart really desires!!
I say do whatever you want! If you want to drop this one, do it! I think people (like me) haven't changed their link because this one is still here....but if it weren't, I'd be changing my link! :)
for the record, I voted. But drop this one and keep up on the jeninthewilderness one. It may not have high traffic now, but it will, once people get used just that one
I voted. :)
Yep, I agree...you have to drop this one to get traffic to the other one.
I always check both, therefore my traffic will continually be the same. So I say do what you please! One blog is a lot to itself!
Post a Comment