Pages

2.17.2009

Gettin' Crafty

First off, has anyone else noticed this is my 4th post in one day? Yes, I'd like a pat on the back. Thank you... moving on.

Those of you who know me well, know I'm not exactly one of the crafty sort. But I decided to branch out on Monday and get a craftin' in honor of my day off. The wall above our sofa was in desperate need of some TLC. It was just a big vast canvas of big bare nothingness. We wanted a nice piece of art, but didn't want to spend $500 bucks. So, what did I do? I headed out to Roberts! A few hours later, my creation was complete:



It was so easy and I loved how it turned out. Not to mention it was a lot cheaper than $500 bucks. I found the idea on the blog eightcrazy.blogspot.com. All it is is canvas, scrapbook paper, and modge podge. Wha la! It's wall art! Hopefully tonight we'll get it hung. I'll post a picture of the final project once that's completed.

6 comments:

Erin Webster said...

I'm so happy to see some new posts! Hurray! The wall art is so cute! I just might have to copy that someday...:) Your other posts were fun to see as well. We'll have to play soon.

Event Engineer said...

Jenny!! (This is Andi) Love the posts!--both on your blog and your wall! :) I'll have to come and visit sometime soon! Hey...can I get a copy of your pics from the wedding? I'm trying to collect those from everyone. (If you're ok with that.) I hope you're "well"! ;)

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

I love that idea! I have seen that in magazines and want to do that too someday...when I get around to it.

Sarah Flint said...

Fabulous Jen!! I'm glad you guys had a fun Valentines Day. We went out with Danny's Dad and step-mom and we got right in too! It was great. Come over soon, like tomorrow or Saturday, I miss you!

Cami said...

I love this! I think you ARE crafty, or at least you definitely have an eye for beautiful things! You are so creative and ambitious. I loved reading about your Valentine's Day. We skipped dinner all together and watched the NBA Slam Dunk Comp! I'll have to remember the group dinner idea! Hope you're doing great! Oh, and check it out...we just started a blog. Well, ya know better late than never.

Katie and Greg said...

You have talent my dear. I love how it all turned out. I can barely handle picking out scrapbooking paper let alone something permanent for my wall. I can't wait to see the final product!