Ok, so maybe it's not quite that bad, but still, unfortunately Deke often finds himself victim to these {un}minor outbursts. For instance, earlier this week I asked the poor guy if he could run to the store and grab a few things (which I had so lovingly detailed for him in a typed list). One of these things happened to be 1 lb of hamburger which I needed in order to make dinner that night. Well, what do you know, when he came back the hamburger was no where to be found. Instead, he decided to buy 1 lb of ground BUFFALO meat. BUFFALO. Because "it was the healthier choice, love..." I lost it. Seriously. I turned into a tantrum throwing 5 year old because I just couldn't handle the idea of the greenish brown stuff in the package adorning my sloppy joe. He thought he was being so helpful and health conscious and instead I broadside him with a meltdown fit for the Queen of Sheba. It was embarrassingly pathetic. Like I said, Deke's a saint. Pray for him.
Musing #2:It hurts to lose a good friend. Err...pair of shoes. Last week, for the sake of saving space I had to throw out the most dependable pair of shoes I've ever owned. Never mind the fact I haven't worn them in almost 2 years. These suckers pranced me through 1 month of Europe and 4 months of walking to work every day in Hawaii during rainy season. They've kissed the likes of the Coliseum, Red Square, Edinburgh's Royal Mile, and Sunset Beach. My tennis shoes didn't even hold a candle to them when it came to comfort or durability. Yes my friends, it was a sad, sad day. RIP.
Exhibit A at the time of death (um, yes, I think it was time they bit the dust):
Musing #3: Our daughter-to-be has no hope in the height department. At our 30 week ultrasound her femur measured more than 3 weeks shorter than the average 30 week old fetus. Although I'm not sure what I was expecting with having myself as her mother. No worries though, the rest of her measurements were either just about average or very slightly smaller. Wahoo! And the best part is, our doctor even thought he saw a small trace of hair. She may not be bald after all!
Musing #4: The belly's still growing!
28 Weeks:
Taken today at 31 Weeks:
Musing #5: Refraining from giggling during the breathing exercises in our childbirth class has proved to be quite the task. This experience deserves a post entirely of its' own.
Musing #6: I've actually really, really enjoyed the cooler, rainier June we've had this year. Or maybe it's my checking account that's enjoyed it. We used our a/c for this first time this year yesterday. As in June 25th. Since when does that happen during a Utah summer? Almost 2 1/2 months of neither the heat or a/c in use - Now that's something worth celebrating!
Musing #7: I think I'm out of musings for the time being.... Have a fabulous weekend!
5 comments:
Jen you look absolutely darling! I cannot get over how little your belly is and how cute you look. Good luck during the countdown :)
Haha...you make me laugh! And you look so cute! I think you are finally catching up to me in the belly department! ;) AND I LOVE that yellow shirt...I need one, where is it from??
Cute post! Loved the emotional outburst description! By the way, you look just darling!
Oh Jenny - you are so funny! You really should be a writer! I'm sorry about the sandals - you really did love them and they were so faithful to you!! And as for the emotional outbursts - hang in there - both you and Deke - there's alot of hormones racing through that little body of yours! Love you!
Love the musings! I really can't wait to hear about the childbirth class. THis is going to be good. I also LOVE the new pics. I definitely need to get better at taking some!
Post a Comment