We headed south for the holiday to enjoy warm sun and the lack of snow. The first full day there, we explored Dixie Rock and surrounding area. Aliseea joined us and we had a blast! I had no idea there was so much to explore up there! I thought it was just a rock you can hike to that looks out over the valley. Ummm.... I was wrong. We decided it would be the perfect place for an Easter egg hunt next year.
This picture needed a spot all of its' own. Our little Simba Reese:
We learned parenting lesson #1: Always put sunscreen on your child. Ooops. We totally fried her darling little ears. (Have you really given her ears a good look? Darling is the only way to describe them). The next day we bought Reese her very first hat. Isn't it so stinkin' cute?
And she tried strawberries for the first time. Her face? Priceless. (And I swear they were ripe strawberries.)
Can't you just taste the bitterness just from looking at her? Love it.
It was such a great weekend filled with family, sunshine, general conference the celebration of Easter and just being lazy. Except not as lazy as I was expecting. This was my first true realization babies are just as much work on vacation as they are at home. I guess the days of lounging by the pool for hours on end followed by late nights and sleeping in are all in the past. At least on family vacations. But still, can't beat St George in the spring!! Can't wait to get down there again.




2 comments:
I love the pride rock picture, and the sour face! Rees is a doll I just want to kiss her cheeks! Scott always forgets to sunscreen his ears! You probably have never even thought of it since you are such great olive skin;)
Reese looks SO cute in that hat! And awesome that you captured her "sour" face. Sounds like such a fun trip! Makes me excited for another one coming up soon!!!
Post a Comment