7.07.2010
happy birthday katie!!!
So this post is like more than a month late. It, unfortunately, was a casualty of the calamitous computer meltdown of twenty ten. But better late than never right? Anyway, here are a few of my favorite things about my youngest sibling.
Katie has some serious musical talent. Not only was she a lead in Davis High's musical last Fall, but she was also one of the primary leads in Kaysville City's summer musical production. And those are just a couple of musical accomplishments she's had only in the past year. There are countless others. Her pipes are akin to an angel's.
She is awesome at sharing. And she's even a spoiled youngest child! (note: Katie doesn't act spoiled, she just gets lots of fantastic things that we older ones didn't... vacations, lots of shopping excursions, hair appointments, etc.. No hard feeling though :) ) Who'd of thunk? Seriously though. She never thinks twice about letting me borrow any clothes, makeup, etc... Isn't that a great trait to have? I know I was awful at that as a teen. Maybe had something to do about being a middle child - had to stake out my territory. Yeah, that's what I'll keep telling myself... it had nothing to do with being selfish :). Yup. Katie's a rock star.
She's the blue eyed, blonde haired bombshell of the family. Lucky duck. Her hair is amazing. Long, long, long flowing locks of gold. And those eyes? You better watch out, college men.
She is incredibly obedient. Especially for a youngest child. She could get away with murder if she really wanted to (no offense madre :), but I must say I think the strictness levels have come down a bit.) Kudos to her for not taking advantage. She's a good egg.
Katie fills the youngest child roll with a lot of grace. My family can sometimes be an overbearing bunch, and somehow she still puts up with all of us. Crazy opinions and rants galore. Little does she know she'll have to put up with even more as she enters the world of college dating. Oh boy. I feel bad for any men lucky enough to be introduced to the fam. I'm sure they'll be grilled to the max. And if there's anything we N siblings are opinionated about, it's our sibling's dating choices. Poor, poor Katie. But like I said, if there's anyone who can put up with it, it's Katie!!
Happy Birthday Kate!! I love you! Welcome to the wonderful world of adulthood!! And again, I'm so sorry this post is so after the fact!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm a blogger now! Lets keep in touch. shannaandchris.blogspot.com
The long, long, flowing locks of gold is so true. We really ought to call that girl Rapunzel!
So unselfish - I think I should try this out a little more. Katie does have ever so many cute clothes . . .
Post a Comment