Pages

6.19.2008

Gratitude

The other night, Deke and I took the truck up to the trailhead at the top of Parrish lane in Centerville. We sat in the bed and watched the sun set and the stars come out. I was overwhelmed with such a feeling of joy and contentment. I had the love of my life by my side and the beauty of God’s creations in front of me. I find it ironic that the grandeur of God’s creations makes me feel so small and insignificant, but it’s in those moments that I feel His love for me the most. It’s like He’s saying “Jenny, look at all that I’ve created. The stunning magnificence of such things are overwhelming, yet this isn’t even my greatest work. You are. Now go and become.” These experiences, or tender mercies as Elder Bednar would describe them, always seem to put things in perspective. Today, I am grateful for a wise Heavenly Father who always knows exactly what His daughter is in need of.

2 comments:

Hills said...

Wow, you got me a little teary-eyed there Jenny. It really is so incredible when we get to take a pause in our busy lives and look at all that Heavenly Father has done for us. You are too cute, that was a fun post to read.

mama nels said...

Jen - I so loved what you wrote about God and his creations and how it makes you feel. It really touched me and is so true. I love reading these blogs! Even though we are close, it helps me understand and learn so much more about your lives! Love you!