Pages

6.19.2008

Favorite Things About Summer

I’ll be honest – I seriously have had an addiction my entire life – the sun. Although recently I’ve gotten a little smarter and started wearing sunscreen, the addiction remains. Nothing beats laying by the side of the pool (or the ocean for that matter), listening to some tunes, and soaking in the rays. Ahh…Paradise… It’s seriously therapeutic for me.

Running around barefoot

The smell of Hawaiian Tropics Sunscreen

Sitting outside and eating ice-cream/popsicles

Watching lightning storms roll in across the Great Salt Lake

The smell of rain hitting hot pavement

I absolutely love the feel of a hot car after its been sitting in the sun all day. Call me crazy.

The Oakely Polar King is finally open!

Drive-in movies off Riverdale Rd in Ogden

Sleeping on the deck of the cabin and stargazing (and hoping I don’t get eaten by a curious bear wandering through the woods). My favorite is to try and create my own constellations.

Watching sunsets.

Having more energy because daylight lasts so much longer. For some reason, this affects me. When it’s dark outside, my body wants to sleep.

Rainbow Shacks (is that what they’re called? You know.. where you get the shaved ice?)

Anything to do with large bodies of water. Lakes, pools, boating, jetskiing, waterskiing, Powell…

People watching at the fountains at Gateway

People watching at the Davis County Fair. Who knew so many mullets could exist in such a small little space at the same time?

Barbeques and Bonfires. For some reason this summer, I’ve been craving roasted marshmallows ALL THE TIME. Speaking of roasted marshmallows, I’ve discovered why I love crème brulee so much – the top crusty sugar part tastes exactly like a perfectly roasted mallow. Seriously…next time you have crème brulee think of flaming mallows..

1 word: Rodeo.

3 comments:

Andrea Dent said...

Yes, we are sisters. I love the list, except for the hot car thing. I will call you crazy. I think there is a list I could make for each season, but for some reason, summer's list is always a bit more inviting!

Katie and Greg said...

Jen, I love your post! So fun, and yes you are crazy. Cute ideas - summer is the best!

Andrea Dent said...

New post, new post. We want a new post. Not that we don't love this one.