Pages

3.05.2010

reese - 6 months

Oh my heck. I'm the parent of a 6 month old! The little chica just keeps getting more and more fun. So what has she been up to?


Getting all cozied up and going on walks (hurray for the slightly warmer weather!!)...



One of my very favorite accomplishments thus far, finding her toes...



Graduating from Bumbo to high chair for meal time...



Growing two teeth...



Which leads us to the next one, switching to the bottle instead of nursing. The bite and pull maneauvar is so not cool seeing as how Little Miss Honeybunches has shark teeth for canines. Ouch. She's actually been having a really hard time with nursing since about 4 months, but I wasn't ready to stop yet. Each nursing session had since turned into an hour long battle which usually ended in Reese screaming and crying at me and myself getting all ornery and frustrated and we'd just end up feeding her formula anyway. Gosh, I don't know where she gets her stubborn-ness. ;) This next picture was taken right after one of those lovely episodes. Notice the puffy red eyes...


I'm pretty sure she's sulking. Whenever one of these episodes would take place, she would refuse to look at me while taking the bottle (See how she's turned away from me? This was not just for the picture). Seriously. She's got some 'tude, peeps. Anyway, her teeth were the last straw, and definitely made it quite easy to stop the nursing on my part. So, we're now down to just one nursing feeding in the morning and the rest are all formula. I have to say, while I love, love, LOVED nursing, I'm also really loving my new found freedom, and not always stressing about my milk supply. Phwew! Moving on...

Getting better and better at tummy time...


 
Snuggling with Daddy...
 
 
 
And chillin' with Mommy...
 
 
 
And, one of the bigger milestones, learning to sit!!! Wahoo!!!
 


She is such a little shining ray of joy in our lives. She's unveiling her personality a little more and more each day, and she is one fun cookie. She's still an awesome sleeper (11hrs/night) and an all around happy little bug. This last picture isn't the greatest quality, but it shows her awesome, bubbly demeanor. She's like this the majority of the day (unless she's hungry or tired)...
 
 
 
Love her!! Happy Half-Birthday, Roo!!

9 comments:

LMemory said...

I might have said this before, but maybe not because it's top secret hush-hush info, but seriously, Jenny- your Reese wins the prize for cutest baby of ALLLLLL my friends and acquaintences. Good grief, she's gorgeous! I love all the great photos you take, too! Happy half, little lady!

Kristi said...

She is TOO darling!! Her blue eyes are amazing and her smile is to die for. Not to mention how perfect you always have her dressed and a matching headband each day. Wow. So darn cute.

Andi said...

Love them! I looked at all of the pictures very carefully as I scrolled through your post. And then I got to the end, "rewound," and did it again. What a babe! :) Can you please press pause for a couple more months? It still kills me that I haven't met this little chica yet!

Hale-O There said...

Oh my! Jen she is soooo cute! What progress she is making. I can't believe she already has teeth, is that early to already have them? I love her eyes they are beautiful.

The Poulson's said...

Your becoming quite the photographer for you little girl! She is darling!

Katie and Greg said...

Wow. That girl deserves her own photo book. I'm telling you, every single picture is so stinkin' doggone cute. I just love her whole little self. She is so sweet and I love the 'tude. Half of a year, seriously? Where has the time gone?

Fort Files said...

OK Guys she seriously is a Doll! I loved the pictures! Hopefully we will get to see her this summer when we are up for the wedding and grandma's and grandpa's birthdays!

mama nels said...

So adorable!!! I love the pictures Jen! Especially the people in them!

Tyler + Jess said...

Oh my gosh look how adorable she is! And those eyes!! Wow she is a doll! Lets get together so I can hold her!