Pages

3.31.2010

operation date night: march.... we bought a house!!!!

What???? I know. We had an extra $350,000 we wanted to spend so we bought this beauty:



We upgraded to all the top of the line stuff - granite, crown molding on everything, extra awesome carpet, extra awesome doors, energy star everything, 4 car double deep garage, wood floors,  completely finished basement with a walk out mother-in-law apartment, 1 acre lot for our future go kart track.... You know, all the good stuff.


Umm.... yeah. Ok. So really we didn't. I know, I know... I totally just lied. BUT, for our March date we pretended like we actually were buying a new home. It was loads of fun - we toured a bunch of model homes acting as if we were in the market. All the realtors just ate it up.  I totally recommend it for as super cheap date.  It was fun to compare what we both loved/disliked in our real estate taste. Surprisingly a lot of it was similar. We dreamed and imagined and took lots of mental notes for the future. We're hoping that future is sooner rather than like later. (Sooner being a relative term.)

Until then, we'll just tack pictures on our fridge, aim high, and hold our breath. It's ok for one to dream right?

No comments: