Those cheeks:

She leaves these all over my mirrors:

She's a sitting champion. I can now leave her in a sitting position and she won't topple over after 5 seconds.

She's in love with her ducky. She has a book with a picture of a ducky in it, and when she sees it she goes nuts and tries to grab it out of the book.

She's discovered the magical world of Disney's princesses (our collection includes Sleeping Beauty exclusively) and the even more magical world of Sesame Street. I have discovered some non-nap spare time.

A few days ago, I realized I should probably be taking her in to get some professional pictures, but I really didn't want to spend the money. So I did the next best thing and threw a blanket over my coffee table and pulled out my sheep skin rug. I grabbed Deek's digital SLR that I really don't know anything about and started snapping. This is one of my favorites:

I may be a tad biased, but I don't think they come cuter than her. Sigh. Love her.
And on another note, there's one thing about this last month that I'm really, really not digging. My awesome little sleeping child is not so awesome at sleeping anymore. She still goes 11 hours a night between feedings, but she's been waking up a few times in between. We have to go into her room, give her the binky and she falls right back to sleep. Her naps haven't been that great either. She's not drooling much so I don't think she's teething again. Who knows? Maybe it's time to take away the binky? It's been such a nice crutch to use, I'm afraid of taking it away. I know... I just need to suck it up. Any suggestions?
8 comments:
that picture you took of her is adorable! And it's free.
My little girl went through the same stage and it got so old waking up, putting the binky in, back to sleep, repeat. We took the binky away and it was rough the first couple nights but after that she never woke up. Good Luck. All the different stages can get to you!
Beautiful baby girl! I have been waiting to see that picture you took again. I want a little copy to keep on my picture board of our kid's "friends" :)
I ALMOST feel bad about the night wakings...almost! Haha...maybe she is just giving you a dose of what the average behaved baby is like! ;)
Love you guys!!
Ok seriously...that pic looks so professional!! LOVE IT!! The little boy I nanny for got his binki taken away at 6 months..seems early but the earlier you do the better!! It was hard the first 2 days but after that he was totally fine! My advice is do it NOW!
Jen - You have some serious talent!!!! Those pictures are beautiful! Yes, her cheeks are my favorite now too! I love the way she is hugging her ducky-and licking it-nothing says lovin'....
The binky thing is hard. I totally loved it when Russell had it because it put him right to sleep. But if you can learn anything from my mistakes, I would suggest getting rid of it now. They say the sucking reflect (that a binky is useful for) is gone by 6 months. After that, it just becomes a crutch. We took Russell's nighttime binky away after he was out of the crib and it just made getting to sleep harder for him later (and harder for us because by then he could get out of bed on his own). You're smart to start thinking this over now. Much easier now than later. And, well, good luck!
Rees is so cute and I just want to kiss her cheeks right now! I was so shocked over the house, then I laughed-I am so with you, or in the same boat! Seven months, I can't believe it!
Man could that little lady get ANY cuter? HOLY. COW.
Love
Love the last picture!
Reese is soooo cute! I love your "professional" picture-her eyes look amazing. And those ducky pictures-priceless!
Post a Comment