Pages

3.04.2009

Sick.

So, have I mentioned how long the first trimester was? Apparently my morning sickness lasts all day - no breaks ever. I really didn't throw up much, just a whole bunch of dry heaving. It was terrible.

Then a beautiful thing happened.

I started feeling like a functional human being. This started happening about a week ago. And instead of every day being bad I only had, like, 1 or 2 days out of that week that I felt nauseous. It was amazing! I felt somewhat normal (as long as I ate at least every 1-2 hours)!

Then Monday I woke up with a scratchy throat and runny nose. It's progressed to a pounding headache, watery eyes, achey ears, and both nostrils full to the brim with snot. Gross. Yesterday I thought I was starting to get better and then it took a sharp turn for the worse last night. Ugh. I don't remember the last time I had a cold like this. All I want are some hard core cold meds. But unfortunately with the whole pregnancy thing, Tylenol is all I get, and let's be honest, Tylenol is pretty weak stuff. The only times I've been getting any relief is when I sit in the shower and let the steam semi clear my nose. I've been taking a lot of showers lately.

What kind of irony is that? As soon as I'm starting to feel a little chipper, Mr. Killer Cold comes to visit. I'm really looking forward to feeling like a normal person. At least now I'm getting to switch up the sicknesses right? Instead of dry heaving it's sniffing and a pounding head. I should be grateful for the variety, but I'm having a really hard time appreciating it. Anyways, I hope your week has been going better than mine.

7 comments:

Hills said...

Oh man, sounds like no fun at all! I'm right there with ya but without the cold. The nausea and urge to want to hurl is slowly fading away but now the headaches think it's their turn to take over me. The things us women do for babies haha. They sure are worth it though!!!

Erin Webster said...

You are so funny!!!! I probably gave you the cold on our "Wise and Otherwise" night. YIKES! I'm sorry if I did! I'm so glad you are starting to feel better. I hope that I am following close behind. Did I mention I'm so excited that we are pregnant together?!!? :) Let's play soon.

Andi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andi said...

Jen. I'm sorry to hear the news. I can commiserate on yucky colds...unfortunately that's where the empathy ends. But you will have my complete sympathy until the dry heaving ends. And then you'll just have my complete excitement for a little Harbie to join the fam! :)

Andrea Dent said...

Oh no Jen! You did sound horrible on the phone the other day, I am so sorry. Matt and Preston have a nasty cold too. But I am glad that the dry heaving is coming to an end! And PS. I love the new header, excellent job!

Marci + Dan said...

There are some really nasty colds going on right now. Husband and I are just getting over ours... feel better soon!

Katie and Greg said...

Colds can be demons. This last cold of mine was a bear. It always seems like its just the flu that can take you down, but at least the stomach flu only lasts 24 hours. Colds are terrible because you are still "supposed" to function, but you feel just as miserable. At least when you throw up you get a moment of relief, but not with colds! And the one thing that would probably help you get better is sleep, BUT you can't sleep because you're sniffing or coughing or sore-throating all night! Just terrible. I am so, so, so, so sorry you feel sick. I truly hope you can have some semblance of returning to normalcy soon!