Pages

12.15.2009

annual tree cutting extravaganza

Except for this year, while there was a tree, there was no cutting involved. For the first time in all 5 Christmases we've been married, we didn't cut our own tree down. Gasp.

I know, I know...

Instead of voyaging to the land of Christmas Meadows, we took the equally {not as} long journey to our local Smith's Marketplace to pillage for our tree. The logistics of taking a 3 month old who still nurses every 3 hours trekking around the snow covered mountains in sub zero temperatures just wasn't sounding so great. So we did the next best thing. We let someone else do all the work for us. Awesome.

Deek with the loot:



High quality picture of Jen:



Right before this picture was taken I was yelling at Deek saying something along the lines of "It's too dang cold to take a picture! I'm getting in the truck..." (it was, like 8 degrees.)

But then he made me feel really guilty about not documenting significant events (like buying a tree at a grocery store) and how I'll regret not taking a picture, and yada, yada, yada. I'm sure it provided quality entertainment for the Smith's parking lot public.

I grudgingly let him take the picture. Meanwhile, my fingers were snapping off.

Don't tell him this, but now looking back, I'm a little bit glad we stopped to take the picture. But I never said that.

1 comment:

Katie and Greg said...

Love the tree, and I love the picture and I love what you never said.