.....and her? Oh yes. She's our offspring. Surprise! Fancy that."
Anyway, the title of this post often describes how I feel around Christmas time. Regarding Deek, that is. Or my awesome lavender linen spray.
You see, we have both been blessed with very active, family oriented, tradition loving families. But both of our very active, family oriented, tradition loving families come from other very active, family oriented, tradition loving families. And we LOVE this. Seriously. We wouldn't have it any other way. I repeat, we LOVE it. But between our immediate and extended families, combined with the regular hustle and bustle of preparing for Christmas means that the chances of Deek and I having a moment alone together lasting longer than 5 minutes in the days/week leading up to Christmas is as probable as it is that I will refrain from eating every smidgen of chocolate I see. Or that my last sentence could be described as brief. In other words, not very.
Am I alone in feeling this way?
As the sun sets on Christmas night I'm always sad that the anticipation and activities have come to a close for another year, but a little part of myself is actually a tad relieved. I finally get my own little family all to myself.
Again, particularly saying this to our mothers - we LOVE all of the family get togethers. They're one of the things that make Christmas, Christmas {in a good way :)}. But it's just nice to be our own little unit once it's all done.
So, this year in order to celebrate, we took a holiday from our holiday. The Saturday after Christmas was the first day in a long while we had no event to be to or shopping to be done. We slept in til 12:00. As in noon. All 3 of us. Reese woke up at 7:30AM to eat and then went right back to bed with the both of us. Beautiful.
We then lounged around in our sweats ALL day and ended it with a movie before heading back to bed. Even more beautful.
It was one of the very best gifts I received this year - a whole entire day with nowhere to be, nothing to do, and my 2 very favorite people in the entire world by my side. That was the most beautiful thing of all.
{The cliche Christmas post is coming soon. Probably. Eventually. Still waiting to get a few pictures and stuff.}
1 comment:
good for you. Greg and I were just remarking that we wish we had done something similar. I'm so glad your peanut to be on board that day too!
Post a Comment