i'm still getting into the baking swing of things in my post-morning sickness state. my wilderness self would be so disappointed. "what? no home baked bread or goodies for over 2 weeks?? scoff, scoff." you see, while living in the mountains there wasn't an option to run to the nearest store and grab some goodies or bread or cereal or whatever. everything we ate was pretty much made from scratch. any way, back to the task at hand.
banana bread.
i made some and reese loved it. she calls bananas "mans" and she loves cake, so to get her to try some we told her it was banana cake. so now she calls it "man cakes". is that not the greatest phrase you've ever heard?
i love hearing her say "man cakes peez!" {banana bread please}
mm, mm, mmmmm...... yes reese, mommy loves her some man cake too. ;)
but now on to the real reason for this post.... my mom! those of you who know her, know she's pretty much the sweetest most genuine person in the world. she's a keeper and reese thinks so too. a few months ago reese couldn't say grandma - it came out as monga and the name stuck. so monga drove up last wednesday and spent three and half lovely days with us.
reese was in HEAVEN. everything was monga, monga, monga. neither deek or i could do anything for her. which actually was a teensy bit nice. "what? you don't want me to change your diaper/clean you up after meals/bend my pregnant self over to put you in your car seat?" okay, sweet pea, whatever you say. sorry for all the work mom. i hope you felt very loved. :)
we partied-hardy for the 3 full days and soaked in every luxurious moment of having a grandparent around.
my sweet mom royally spoiled us - taking us out to eat, getting ice cream, stocking my fridge/pantry with treats i don't usually splurge on, adding a little love to my very bare front porch, playing baby sitter for date night, etc... etc... etc... everyone needs a mom like my mom. she even cleaned out my fridge. gasp.
my fridge is "that job" in my house. you know the one? i swear everyone has one {please tell me you do}. the job you loathe entirely and ignore until it's absolutely out of control? yeah. well in my case, it's cleaning out the fridge. not sure why but once food turns into leftovers i can't bring myself to touch it. sick sick sick. i may have had some containers in there sporting some nice green "foliage". sick sick sick. my mom is seriously a saint. when i came home from our hot date to a glorious sparkling, moldy free fridge i wanted to cry, it was so beautiful. seriously guys. who knew a fridge could bring someone so much joy.
my sweet, sweet mom. we loved every single millisecond she was here. it was so sad to see her go. as she drove away saturday morning reese chased her down the street screaming and crying, "monga, monga, monga!!!!!!!!......." heartbreaking. she really loves and misses her grandparents.
i wish i had snapped a picture of the two of them together, but, of course i pretty much forgot my camera everywhere we went. dang it.
here's a few pics we did happen to get of the weekend.
ice cream at goodies:
some cute front porch in north end:
measuring for a skirt my mom is making reese:
and since i didn't take one while she was here, here's reese and monga over the fourth of july:
we sure love our monga.




5 comments:
You are so kind Jen - I loved every single minute of being with you and it was so hard to drive away! I love that I can picture where you are now and knowing that it really isn't too far away! Thanks for such a wonderful time and give my Reese a big hug and kiss for me!! Love you!
I love Reese's Monga, too! Your mom is great. And I'm pretty sure I've had ice cream at that place...once upon a time when I visited Boise.
Grandmas are the best! So fun! And oh my, cleaning out the fridge is TOTALLY "that job" for me. I don't know what it is, but I HATE it! So man, I can really appreciate that your Mom did that for you! So sweet! And your hair looks darling! Love it!
What a fun trip! I love the pictures you did get and I'm so glad you had such a fun birthday weekend - what a treat!
I totally love the monga and man cakes. Reese has such a fun way of expressing herself! I heard that story from Becky but it was even greater to hear everything leading up to it. Glad you had such a great birthday and that you got spoiled. You deserve it! Oooo and I LOVE your hair!
Post a Comment