Pages

5.28.2009

my bit of earth

Are any of you familiar with the front of my home? It has pretty much looked like a dry and barren waste land since the day we moved in. For those who haven't seen it, and for those who have forgotten, here's a reminder:


It really doesn't do much for the whole appearance does it? So, this last weekend we finally decided to take action. You'd think it was about time since we've lived there for over a year. So 3 bushes, 1 Japanese Maple, and a whole lotta flowers later our home actually looks like a permanent residence! It's amazing what a little TLC can do!

From Shabulous to Fabulous:


Thanks to my mom for helping pick out the flowers - I get overwhelmed when I see all the different choices at the garden store! This was my first time planting my own flowers and I actually loved it. There's nothing like getting your hands dirty in some wet soil! I was nervous I'd end up with a big bare spot somewhere or that I wouldn't intersperse the different varieties very well, but I think I did pretty good for my first time! Happy Spring!

3 comments:

Erin Webster said...

It looks great!! I totally need to follow your lead...I meant to plant LAST Summer. Did it happen?? Of course not!

Andrea Dent said...

It looks awesome! I think you did great for a first time gardener! It looks like a pro did it. And do you like that I'm commenting individually on each new post?

Katie and Greg said...

It looks fabulous! I love flowers - it's amazing how the can transform any space! I didn't even know you had that spot before - and now it stands out and looks wonderful.