Pages

5.28.2009

into the woods we went

Our good friends Rach and Scott invited us to go camping with them over the Memorial Day weekend. It was such a blast - thanks for the invite guys! Some pics from the extravaganza...

Sarah and cute Austin:


The only picture I have of (almost) the whole group. I love Rach in this shot - it looks like she's doing the Little Rascals sign. Classic.


Me and my man:


This next picture represents some great experiences we had on our overnighter!

And what could toilet paper possibley represent? 1)Rach and I teaching Sar how to take care of business out in the woods in the dark. In the past she's always just held it while she's camped! Is she crazy or what? Good, good times. and 2)In the morning while I was out taking care of some of my own business my sciatic nerve decided to friek out right as I was finishing up. This was hilarious!!! I was stuck with my pants down on a steep hill and couldn't move at all!! My whole leg was paralyzed. I still can't stop laughing when I think about it. Good thing Deke was within hollering distance to come save the day. Oh how I love thee, Mr. Sciatic Nerve.

The cooks:


Scott brought a sweet old Soviet semi-automatic gun to play around with. I had never shot a semi-automatic, but I'm a fan. It was so fun!

Some homemade ear plugs:


Deke shooting:


Yours truly shooting (I actually hit some of the targets! Wahoo!):


Thanks again Rach and Scott for the great weekend!

3 comments:

Andrea Dent said...

What an awesome trip! I'm totally laughing at the toilet paper incidents. That dang nerve, but seriously hilarious...I think even more funny because of the fact that you were stranded in the wilderness.

mama nels said...

What a fun trip! I love Sarah and Rach and am so glad you do things together! Sorry about the nerve thing Jen - I used to get that too - I'm just glad it didn't hit me in a situation like that!!!!

Katie and Greg said...

love the earplugs. I LOVE the camping - I'm so glad you guys could have fun. And your sciatic nerve story was too much. It's so true how you can never predict when things go awry and I'm so glad that your Prince Deke could save the day. How romantic. :)