Happy Birthday!!
Deke had a birthday a few days ago. Isn't he one good lookin' son of a gun? Sigh... I know. And he is mine. I'm one lucky gal, Yup. Sure am. Last year for his birthday I posted a big list of a bunch of reasons I think he's the greatest person this side of anywhere. Today, I'm going to make a few addendums to that list.
So, without furth adieu...
Addendum #1
Deke has a quality that I find most of my generation lacks. I really can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but it is one of the most lovable, endearing, treasured traits about him. It's his love and appreciation of pure, good, and simple things. It's that he'd rather speak face to face with someone versus phone or text. It's how he lights up when we first put on Oakridge Boys and the Kenny Rogers Christmas CD's. It's the emphasis he places on building relationships versus acquiring things. It's the joy he gets from helping other people. He's as down to earth as one can get. I wish I could better explain it - it's an old fashioned quality that embodies all of these things, but is somehow more.
Addendum #2
He's going to kill me for writing about this one, but it's too funny not to write. Deke has a lot of quirks (don't we all?). I discovered one of these most recent quirks this last week. I have this lavender linen spray that I spray on my pillow at night. It's divine. Anyway, the other night as we were getting into bed I sprayed my pillow and went to put the spray away. As I was doing this, Deke says, "Hey!! You forgot mine!!" "What the crap?" I thought to myself, "My 'manly' husband want lavender spray on his pillow?" "Are you serious?" I asked him. "Yeah. It helps me sleep at night." ... Priceless.
Hey H________, Yer not so tuff... ;)
Addendum #3
He is a man of honesty, intregity, and faith. Values that seem to be ever declining in this crazy world of ours.
Addendum #4
His love of serving others. I can honestly say that I am not naturally inclined to serve others. It's something I really have to consciously think about doing. Deke is not this way. He is one of those few people who genuinely LOVE giving a helping hand to anyone who needs it and is always looking to find ways to serve. He will gladly go out of his way to help anyone, whether it be family, friends or strangers. I have a lot to learn from him in this regard.
I could keep going and going about all the things that I admire and love about my husband, but I'll leave it at this. He really is the love of my life. I couldn't have hand picked someone better to be my companion through this crazy journey life. He brings infinite balance, joy, and love into my life daily. I luff him.
(sigh again)....He is my Mr. H_______....
1 comment:
So sweet. I seriously wish I had his name for Christmas because he would SO be getting lavender spray!
Post a Comment