11.26.2009
happy thanksgiving
I love this song. One of my favorite lines is: "'Tis the gift, 'tis the gift, 'tis the simple gift to be!"
Indeed it is such a wonderful gift to simply be.
I feel as though my heart could burst with all of the gratitude I feel today. This year of all years, Deek and I have so much to be grateful for. ..
...to be the parents of our little Reese. Simply look through our blog to see how enamored and in love we are with her.
...to be financially afloat. Some of you may or may not know, but Deek hasn't had a real stable job for quite a number of months. This last month he finally landed a job with an excellent company. HUGE sigh of relief. Really, we shouldn't have survived financially, but somehow we have thanks impart to having a savings, but mostly, I'm sure, due to a hand from the divine. I honestly have felt His hand give me strength when I simply wanted to break down and sob because I wasn't quite sure how we would be able to cover everything. But somehow we're here and there's food on our table. Which leads me to the next thing...
....simply having food on our table. Food is kind of an important ingredient to be able to be.
...to be a part of the families we are. Really, do you know either of our families? They're all pretty fantastic people.
This year was truly a year of simple, wonderful, beautiful gifts. A year to simply be.
It's amazing how little it takes to be happy, isn't it? Really, when happiness is stripped down to it's bare nakedness there's just not a lot of the material fluff left. What's left is the solid core of simple truths that ground us and keep us connected, most importantly to Him. ahhhhhh.... How much we have to be grateful for this year.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And may you all find joy in the simple gifts that let us be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautifully put Jen! Thanks for sharing - I appreciated your thoughts and feelings. We are so grateful for you, Deke and Reese. Thanks for spending time with us over Thanksgiving - we loved being with you!
Post a Comment