Ours has changed.
Did you notice? In effort to keep our blog public I have decided to remove all references to last names on our blog. So, now instead of "the H______" this blog is now known as "Jenerek". Get it? Like... Jen and Derek, but generic? Isn't it fantastically cheesy? But what good is life without a little cheese. Give me some cheese, please, and if you have our blog listed on your blog roll under the old name, change it to the new. Por Favor. Gracias.
For now on, all references to Jen's immediate family will be "N" and references to Deke's immediate family will be "H". Extended families will be referred to in like fashion.
And since we're just switching it all up, there's another name I need to change. I was informed by the significant other that I've been spelling his name wrong all this time. Yup. D-e-k-e is no good. For 5 1/2 years I've been getting it WRONG.
5 YEARS.
WRONG.
He even has a track sweatshirt from high school with the "correct" spelling to prove it.
Who'd a thunk. So, here it is...... the "right" way to spell it....
Deek.
Huh. Doesn't it look wierd? It will take a little getting used to. But no, I'm not going to change the web address to suit the new spelling. That would be a little too much change for right now. (Feel no need to change your blogroll if you have us listed as "Deke & Jen" or something similar. I'm only doing it because I keep getting flack from the man.)
So for now, dekeandjen.blogspot.com will stay put.
Peace Out.
3 comments:
I LOVE Jenerek...how creative are you!! Your little one is so beautiful!!
I totally noticed the Jenerek as soon as I clicked the link - I love it! And yes, tell Deke or, Deek that is, that I do not plan to change my blogroll and as I did not know him in his track days I will continue to call him Deke. And yes, whenever I say it, my mind will mentally spell it D-E-K-E! The other way just reminds me of geek - and since he is far from that, I just can't make the change! You are still as hilarious as ever. One of the few blogs that I constantly find myself laughing out loud on!
I will have to change my blog list cause I spell it wrong too! I loved your thanksgiving post and I love that song too. I have sheet music for it if you ever want it. Rees is breathtaking in your layout photo of her- wow. Hope the cabin was great.
Post a Comment