This past month I celebrated another birthday. The year of 23 has now been left to the history books. I was a little sad to see it go - 23 was full of fantastic memories and experiences ripe for reminiscing. (although 24 ain't' lookin' so bad either). 24 just sounds so....OLD. I can no long declare myself as a low 20'er. I still feel like I should be trying to pick out my "first day of school" outfit, let alone what clothes to bring to the hospital to have a baby (ummm yes, only 2 weeks left to go til' the big due date and I still haven't packed my hospital bag... I should probably get on that)! Nevertheless, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday! No work, lunch out with my mom, lounging by the pool, phone calls from friends and family, and a night out on the town courtesy of the charming significant other.
Me with my loot:

As part of my birthday, Deke let me pick out a couple of new hats. He's a fan of the "sporty" look. I have never been a hat person. I think prior to this, I've owned 1 hat since we've been married and it's buried somewhere in the depths of my closet. I've always thought I looked funny - just didn't have the right face or something, but he has since convinced me otherwise. Here's me sporting the new look. I think I'm a fan... Bad hair days just got a whole slew of new possibilities!
2 comments:
Your hats are darling! I'm so happy for you and they are best for when you just have to head out when you didn't have a chance to get ready!
Glad you had a great birthday. Packing hospital bags are overrated. At least it was for me. I barely used anything. Anyway, good luck with the new arrival and all the fun she will entail.
Jana Nay Weaver
Post a Comment