I know, I know, I know... I've been a MIA blogger as of late. I'm working on a bunch of catch up posts, but in the mean time I need some quick advice. Do any of you love your pediatrician? I'm trying to find one in the Bountiful/Centerville/Farmington vicinity. I'm looking for someone who's both personable and (obviously) outstanding in their profession. Basically, I'm looking for someone of whom I can ask a bazillion questions to without feeling intimidated or looked down upon. I would love, love, LOVE any and all recommendations. Thanks in advance for your advice!
6 comments:
I absolutley love mine!! SHe is dr. hildabrand at grow up great in bountiful connected to lakeview and she is soo awesome. I ask her five million questions every time and she answers every single one. She acts like we have been friends for the longest time and that we are such good friends.
My pediatrician is actually my doctor, too. Dr. Alisa Knowlton with the Bountiful IHC office. She is really great & it's been so nice having her for Emerie's doctor,too, since she delivered her. She knows all of my history & all of Emerie's & that's always a major help. She always treats my questions with the utmost respect - never laughs (because I KNOW I've had some goofy questions) & she takes the time & patience to listen to me. She's also really fun & likes to share her own experiences from being a mom & her children - I love that.
I LOVE my doctor. Beckstead at IHC Bountiful Clinic. He's young and has little ones, but I would trust him with my life. He is family practice, though, so if you want a straight pediatrician, you're probably better off with someone else. I love that I can get in whenever I need to and he never discounts anything I ask or say....
Dr. Freestone is a great pediatrician i don't have kids but he will also see family..one time I didn't understand something and he got on the internet and showed me pictures and explained it all to me in a different way!! Totally personable and answers ATON of questions! He is bountiful
My pediatrician is Doug Nielsen at the Bountiful IHC Clinic. He is actually my husband's uncle, so naturally, I just LOVE him! He is always willing to answer my questions (and really, I honestly don't think we get any special treatment), and he explains things very clearly and in a lot of detail. He also gives you a handout with the really important stuff (like tylenol doseage, starting solids, immunizations, etc.) which is nice because you don't have to worry about fighting a fussy little one (my child always seems to be fussy at the dr.) and writing things down. I know a lot of people who go to him as we used to live in Bountiful, and they all loved him (or so they say.... :). My sister goes to Dr. Black in Bountiful and she loves him. He makes balloons out of gloves and and stuff like that. So I think it's all about finding the right fit for you. Hope this helps!
Eliza has seen Dr. Fruin (who was AWESOME with Eliza and talked to her about her health instead of just talking to ME- which Eliza and I both loved) She has also seen Burnett who seemed good, but not as personable... And Cohen now goes to Dr. Hildebrand and I have been SUPER impressed with her as well. The key here: ALL of those dr.s are at Grow Up Great in Bountiful. I have loved my experiences there so far. The nurses are all great as well. You do have to wait awhile in the waiting room- but I think that's the case anywhere :) Good luck.
Post a Comment